Too bad there's no one-size-fits-all approach to hair styling, but we'll try our best to keep it sweet and simple for you.
Golden rule number #1:
Don't use too much product! That is unless you like the grease ball look.
- Start with blow-dried or towel-dried hair.
- Warm up a pea-sized amount of product between your palms, then work it through your hair to achieve desired style.
- If required: Add another pea-sized amount of product only if your hair needs that extra hold. If you feel your hair getting weighed down, then you've used too much!
Golden rule number #2:
Avoid putting product near your scalp to keep your hair roots healthy! Work product only through the mid-lengths to the tips of your hair.
- slick, professional, and versatile from formal to semi-formal events
- sleek and shiny (think David Beckham on the red carpet)
- mouldable throughout the day
- curly with control (Silk Barbers Pomade is the go-to for curly hair due to its mouldable nature and conditioning properties)
- you have greasy hair
- you are engaged with activities that will make you sweat a lot!
- you'll be exposed to hot and humid conditions
Choose CLAY if you want a look that is...
- natural, matte, and textured
- adds volume with a hold that lasts throughout the day
- more durable through physical activities and hot weather
Don't choose CLAY if...
- you have fragile or thinning hair
- you have tight curls (because curly hair is naturally more delicate, and clay is harder to wash out)
- you are vegan (it has a little beeswax in it to achieve its strong hold)
- you have brittle and damaged hair (clay naturally draws excess moisture and impurities out of your hair - which is a good thing unless your hair is too dry to start off with. If your hair is just a little on the dry side, it is recommended that you prep your hair with Silk Barbers Leave-in Conditioner before applying clay)
You're welcome :-)